Welcome to Stewart Island Flights, Invercargill - Stewart Island.
Stewart Island Flights is the only commercial operator to Stewart Island that has regular scheduled flights year round.
Proudly Southland owned and operated, Stewart Island Flights continues providing an air service to Stewart Island that originally began more than 30 years ago. After opening doors for business with just 1 aircraft, Stewart Island Flights now has a fleet of 5 aircraft with a 6th on the way.
Why "Flying is the Way to Travel" to Stewart Island/Rakiura
- Our booking office and point of departure is situated in the main terminal building at Invercargill Airport, only minutes from the city centre avoiding the longer journey to Bluff.
- The most convenient location for arrival or onwards travel to the rest of New Zealand.
- Inexpensive Airport car parking or garaged accommodation in secure buildings with Executive Cars, (03 2143434).
- Excess baggage stored with Stewart Island Flights, free of charge.... take only what you need.
- Easy check in by our friendly, competent staff only 30 minutes prior to your departure.
- Super scenic 20 minute flight, arrive fresh and with just 9 passengers per plane, avoids the frustration and delays caused by large numbers disembarking.
- Maximise your time on Stewart Island and depart the aircraft ready to begin an amazing adventure.
- Scenic courtesy coach transfer from Stewart Island airfield to flights depot in the heart of Oban township with our friendly, helpful Island based staff.
- Most accommodation hosts will meet you at the Stewart Island Flights depot and whisk you and your luggage home. Advantages - No waiting on luggage containers to be off loaded, no bottleneck and minimal exposure to inclement weather.
The flight itself to Stewart Island takes 20 minutes, taking you past World Record holder Burt Munro's test track, Oreti Beach. MainlandNew Zealand's southern most town, Bluff, where the world famous Bluff Oysters come from. Finally landing you on the largest island National Park in New Zealand with approximately 85% of the island reserved as Department of Conservation land with an amazing selection of outdoor activities to choose from....Bird spotting, nature walks, tramping, kayaking, fishing, hunting, guided tours on almost anything you want, play a round of golf on the southern most course in New Zealand, or just slip into relaxation mode and take in the natural beauty of this island paradise.
Stewart Island also has the highest population of Kiwi in New Zealandwith an estimated 20,000 Stewart Island Brown Kiwi (Tokoeka) onStewart Island. With the long daylight hours experienced over summer it is common to see them during the day along many of the walking tracks.
Stewart Island is a showcase for New Zealand's national bird.
Follow the links on the website and make your booking with Stewart Island Flights now.